Search This Blog

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Mari's Wedding!

I've been super busy sine February between taxes and other events like the tea ceremony, kabuki, and a wedding! But here are some pictures! I hope you can enjoy them. Thanks to Shaun for letting me commandeer his camera! I forgot to bring mine >.<
Apparently Japanese weddings are always perfect, like most other things in Japan. It seems to be every woman's dream with elaborate dresses, and 3 of them!! Every moment is extremely special with crazy emotional music and flower petals etc. . . . OK here are the pictures:






Mari's nephew and my boss




the groom



Mari and her mother! She's so beautiful!





Mari and her father. 




look at that train!!









signing the marriage document. In Japan, signing a paper means you are married, you don't have to actually have a ceremony or do anything, just sign a paper!



tada!





poor Mari had some difficulty walking :P





 

It isn't goodbye so soon! They gave us enough time to set up outside and get our flower petals ready before making their reappearance.





























 






It was also Mari's mom's birthday! She gave her mom a birthday present! 








Naoko-sensei lighting the candle. We aren't sure what these were for, maybe a blessing?


Dress number 2!









She gave her best friend her wedding bouquet! The bouquet along with the flowers in Mari's hair and the boutonniere were courtesy of one of my students who is a flower arrangement teacher! 





Wicked awesome sword lighter!! I want one! They went around and lit everyone's candle at their table!














her friends did a really cute dance!


They are so adorable!! I don't know how Japanese people can be so cute! ^_^



And dress number 3 . . . I told you everything at a Japanese wedding is perfect! Just look at the timing of when they open the doors!











They gave the mothers a present! This was made by Mari with my student, Hideka,  who taught her how to make them. They are preserved flowers and should last a lifetime, or at least a really long time!








all of the women got the flowers that were at the table. Shaun posing for the shot, haha! It was supposed to be a joke because he asked to have some flowers, but the Japanese teachers took him seriously! It was pretty funny though!



Ms. Maeda and Naoko-sensei, don't they look wonderful! This was afterwards, I don't know why the room looks so yellow. I guess it was the lighting?




The obi of one of the guests. I stole a shot because I love birds and it was so beautiful!

ain't he adorable? I don't even know who he is but he was posing for shots and he was just too cute!

These are Mari's cousins! Their father is from Australia, can you tell?


The wedding chapel after dark . . . it was obviously a magical night and there was a plethora of delicious food, if you couldn't tell, and I was so full! It was definitely an amazing experience. I hope you enjoyed it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment