Search This Blog

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hokao Kenji Exhibition

 One of my boss's brothers is an artist. I was able to see his exhibition and thought the work was beautiful. You can see it here. Unfortunately, he doesn't have pictures of what I saw. He had painted buildings that were perfect copies of those run down buildings in Kitakyushu (I think that's where it was). The idea was that the city is becoming empty as people move away from the city. It used to be popular for mining or some other industries, but is becoming a dead city, so he made the people in white, as if they are ghosts of the people that used to be. It has a very desolate feel. The buildings look much like those in the slums of any modern city in the U.S.,  but such places aren't common in Japan. Anyway, take a look and I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment