Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Hokkaido festival!

Not too much has been going on except for a few random events. There was a Hokkaido festival that came into town a few weeks back. I went with my friend Masayo on Thursday and we had some awesome food there. After the tea ceremony, I went back again on Sunday just as they were closing and got some more goodies to bring home at a slightly discounted price (by no means cheap, though)!


The guy was angry I took this photos without asking. What was I gonna do with them? I really don't know why he cared, but it made me certain I was going to buy anything from him!

Masayo and I shared this lovely mutton dish!

I felt bad eating a lamb, but it was tasty!

Now for some cold Hokkaido ramen! 

It egg slices, pork slices, seaweed, chopped green onions, a delicious soup base with wasabi in it, and it had this delicious herb called miyouga. I actually ended up buying some and putting it in my ramen at home! It has this amazing taste I can't describe with a taste that's like a touch of onion.

This was half dark chocolate and I think the other was vanilla, although it was a very yellow-orange color

This was clam, I believe, and it was delicious!


A bento I brought home. It was so good, there was rice at the bottom with sashimi, crab, fish eggs, and  uni (sea urchin) on top!
Here's more on the sea urchin if you're interested: http://www.sushifaq.com/sushi-sashimi-info/sushi-item-profiles/sushi-items-uni-sea-urchin/

No comments:

Post a Comment