Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

2-week roundup, and a Merry Christmas!

I had a pleasant surprise this morning when I got a package from my mum with presents! I'm saving them for Christmas, as tempting as it is.





On Sunday, Dec. 9th, I went to an International Party with my friend, Yurika. It was a thing where you could meet Japanese people and vice versa. It was in Hakata and I walked there from my house. It took about 35 minutes but I love to walk to it was enjoyable!


The place was really rich, it was in Canal City which is like an outdoor mall with really expensive decorations.

This is Hakata Station. My camera drops the pictures in out of order, so I walked here after the party, actually.






This is from Thursday, December 6th, the Takoyaki party at Yuka's house! It was fun except that everyone spoke Japanese the entire time (6 hours) so I was very tired, since I could only understand a word or two of what they were saying per sentence and was struggling to understand their hand motions. It was really good food though, I just don't do well around a lot of people that I don't know, especially when I can't speak their language!


The makings of takoyaki (fried squid balls)

Yuka about to eat


 A strange takoyaki amalgam of corn, fish cake, cheese and other random stuff the guy felt like putting in there.



Yuka, her mom, and 2 of Yuka's friends

More takoyaki experiments. I think this one had the prank wasabi and horse radish sauce in two of them. Both happened to come to Yuka, unfortunately! They did this several times, but Yuka's strong and can handle spicy things really well!




Or not . .. 

Poor Yuka! :P

I was stuffed but everyone else kept eating! I tried oden for the first time, which is a really tasty, rich soup with things in it that I can't even describe because I don't know what they are. I think most of them were Japanese vegetables. This desert was ice cream with wine-soaked apples that Yuka made, along with kiwi on the side. It was delicious!

Masayo made this, it was a kind of mochi with red beans.



I will give more updates later, I've done a lot recently and I am seeing 2 friends today, so I'd better get ready! Thanks for reading!!!

2 comments:

  1. Do Japanese like Mexican food? Is it available there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just closed a taco stand near my apartment, the guy looked half hispanic, half Japanese. They like it, but there are only 2 restaurants here for it and you have to make reservations! Japanese people don't really like spicy food . . . and getting the Taco Bell mix at the grocery store is very expensive.

      Delete