Search This Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2012

2nd Day in Japan -Wednesday July 25th

The next morning I woke up at about 5:40, which would end up being my norm for the rest of the week ... I did go to sleep at around 9 so I guess that was plenty of sleep. No one was out that early, the streets were empty! Too bad I couldn't fit my running shoes in my luggage, it would've been perfect to run through an empty city at that time . . .
The city began to awaken around 7am. Here's what I saw outside of my window.



As you can see at the bottom of the picture, right below me is the Travel Cafe where the workers speak minimal English, which was very helpful for me. One of the hotel staff members spoke English very well, but I only saw him on my first day there.
That morning, I got something that was very much like a cinnamon roll with a few nuts of some sort. It was very good. I sat outside and the waiter came out and brought me some water! I told them it was To-Go so I was surprised, but it was nice. I just brought the water cup  back in when I finished. I walked around for a bit, just down the street because I was nervous. I was looking to see what food places were around but still wasn't brave enough to really go exploring.
My first day dressing up to go outside! It was interesting having to dress up just to go to the store ...

Later on, I went out again. It wasn't so hot that day, and I turned a corner and found a drug store. It was kind of expensive, but I was hungry and bought some tasty things:

This was some type of fish that spelled like the eel sushi. I think it has the same kind of sauce in it. It actually still had the bone in it, but it was softened, so even though I ate some of the bone accidentally, I didn't really notice.
Udon! And another fishy thing that was good. The bone was harder than the first one, but it was still good. It didn't taste good in the udon, though, but the udon was good by itself. This was lunch and dinner! 
I also got this potato soup thing, but haven't eaten it yet. I will save it for when I get hungry but don't feel like grocery shopping. Maybe once I start working and don't have time to go out to get groceries.


No comments:

Post a Comment