Search This Blog

Friday, July 27, 2012

4th Day in Japan July 27th- Part 2: Evening

I watched some T.V. and studied some Japanese for most of the afternoon, then ventured out again in search of some wrapping paper. I'd looked up a place that's actually British since I had such a hard time finding wrapping paper (which is a little ironic since the Japanese are known for their wrapping paper called "washi"). Unfortunately, I brought 2000 yen with me thinking it'd be enough since that's about $20, but I was short 100 yen or so, so I embarrassingly explained that I would come back later. I wandered around this "mall" which was very open, much like walking into Macy's with the make-up booths out in the open, but instead they were shops. I went up several floors just looking at everything. They have such high-end fashion, it was hard for me to not stare at everything! I was in search of a scarf or handkerchief so that I could wrap my gifts before I gave them to my boss and co-workers. I couldn't find anything under $20 per scarf or handkerchief, so I went to the very bottom floor which was actually underneath the building. I found a huge area full of food vendors, restaurants, and grocery stores. It smelled amazing but was too crowded for my taste, so I plan to come back another day. It was really beautiful and each restaurant reminded me of the booths in Spirited Away. When I went back outside to go back to my hotel, I found the KFC and another McDonald's. I plan to try those out eventually, too :D
It was very hot on my way back, and I was glad to get into my room and take a shower again! I hope that when I start working, I'll be able to make it through the heat. Thankfully, I won't be living far from work.
For dinner, I ate the rest of my egg and teriyaki chicken sandwich:

Later on I ate this potato soup thing that I bought on the first day. The potatoes tasted like french fries!

I stayed up the whole day! I watched kid shows to help me learn some Japanese. They are quite odd and hilarious, but that's all of the Japanese shows I've watched including the ones for adults. I'm not sure what's with the dunce-caps but I've seen that a lot in the kid's shows, maybe someone knows:

I did fall asleep at 9pm though, and woke up at 1am . . . and woke up at 3am . ..  and I'm still awake at 5am . . . let's hope this ends soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment