Search This Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2012

4th Day in Japan- Friday July 27th Part 1: Morning

This morning, I awakened at 3am, then forced myself to go back to sleep. I woke again at 5:40! I don't know why I keep waking up at this time, it's strange . . . it's about 3:40 pm Memphis time so I don't know why I would keep waking up at this time. Anyway, since I couldn't go back to sleep, I took a cold shower, then changed into something cooler. I still had to wear my black tights to hide the huge bruises from moving. I hope they go away soon since I have to wear clear tights to work . . .
I went downstairs to the Travel Cafe and sat inside again. I got an iced coffee which was very good. They gave me something that said "gum syrup" on it which turned out to be a liquid sugar! It was extremely sweet. They also gave me a creamer which was so good in the iced coffee. The coffee was very strong and cold, it was so tasty. It was kind of crowded for 8am, it took me about an hour to get dressed to go out so it was later by the time I actually got out of the door.
I went next door to the Family Mart, which I discovered the other day after walking all the way to the drug store! There were triangles of rice with a filling inside of it. I had one the other day but forgot to take a picture of it. They are very tasty, so I tried different flavors this time. One looks like it has some sort of fish filling. The one I had the other day had a seaweed filling. Here's what I bought today and will try later:
I also bought a sandwich with egg and teriyaki chicken in it, so basically an egg sandwich with teriyaki chicken. It was so good! I didn't take a picture of it since it looks pretty much like an egg sandwich with teriyaki chicken in it, but if I get it again, I will take a picture.
Oh, and here is my bathroom, I thought it was kind of cool. The bathtub is so deep, even though it's not very long. It comes to the top of my head! The toilet has a bidet and "shower" which I'm not sure what the difference is but haven't really wanted to find out . . . every time they clean my room, they replace the toothbrush, this robe thing which I am supposed to wear to sleep or in the bathroom? Not sure yet. And they replace my bathroom slippers which apparently I'm allowed to take with me when I leave :D I don't know why I always find foreign bathrooms so interesting, I guess that's not a normal thing but I don't care, they fascinate me!
Here's the bathroom:

I went back inside and started this blog! More to come . . .


2 comments:

  1. Rachel--I plan to check in now and then to see how you do with crazy Japanese culture. I am a big fan of "Golden Age" Japanese cinema, which is usually reckoned in the 1950's. But I like other stuff, too. (Like Polysic! And Cowboy Bebop!).

    Bill Jenkins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to see that you're following! Sorry I wasn't able to make it to your daughter's wedding, I was packing out my place that entire day, it was sad .. .
      I remember Polysic! I was trying to remember their name earlier :P
      I actually heard the Cowboy Bebop theme on some TV show out here, it was odd, it was just playing in the background .. .

      Delete