Search This Blog

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 5 - Saturday July 28th

I went downstairs to the cafe and got some iced tea. They gave me this liquid sugar called "gum syrup" that was really sweet! It was really tasty. After this, I went hunting for the KFC and gift wrapping paper.
When I went to the KFC, no surprise, none of the workers spoke English. I thought it was strange that people working in food services didn't know English but those working retail did. Maybe it's because retail jobs require more education? Anyway, she didn't give me a drink which I thought came with the meal, so after eating some very healthy fried food, I went to McDonald's next door and got myself a small coke. I walked around a bit and found a cool stationary store. Upstairs they had authentic washi, or Japanese wrapping paper! They were so pretty it was hard for me to pick one out! I'll get pictures of them once I start wrapping my presents, but the lady at the front wrapped them up so nicely I don't want to pull them out just yet. I went to the convenience store and got some food for lunch and dinner, but couldn't get back into my room because they were still cleaning it. After waiting for a short while, the lady at the front desk greatly apologized for the wait and even held the elevator for me, bowing deeply! I told her it wasn't a problem at all, I felt really bad.
I got some pictures on my phone of the asian Col. Sanders, but it's going to be a pain for me to pull out all of the gadgets I need to get the pics off of my phone, so I'll post those later. Meanwhile, here are the little tissues that they hand out on the streets:

 As well as the millions of other things I collected just from walking around:
 It was crowded since it was Saturday, and they were out in full force handing things out. I even collected some fans which was nice since I was literally dripping sweat:

I got a picture on my phone of this adorable flower caricature, it was fuzzy and I wanted to hug it but refrained. I will put the pic up later, probably once I move into my apartment and find everything.
Once I got in my room, I enjoyed what I got from the convenience store:

 For anyone who's seen Lost in Translation - "for good times, make it suntory time."
 This is a salad!
This I will put in my Udon, I think it's fried tofu. I feel asleep before I could eat it. .  .

No comments:

Post a Comment