Search This Blog

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sept. 22nd - Birthday Party!

I had a lot of fun at my birthday party! Here's me before the party:

 Nomihodai! :D

This was thinly sliced ham I think, I've had it before here. It's very delicious!
 

 This is sausage with ketchup and some other kind of sauce, it was actually very good! We also had fish and chips, pizza, and pasta but I forgot to take pictures of those since the food and drinks kept coming! It was all very good and very filling . . . It was a lot of fun!

Here is the dried flower that my new friend, Yuka gave me! Apparently her mother made it because she's very good at making dried flowers. I think that only the rose is dried, the other flowers are silk. I will take it out of the bag, but it just looks so pretty!

Here is the rose close-up:


Here's the entrance into my apartment. There's a cabinet where you can put your shoes, so I put pictures on top. The balloon is the one that I got at the Japanese festival.


Here's my hallway for those of you who weren't able to watch the video of my apartment from earlier.


here's my bathroom, well the toilet and shower area are separated, so this is literally the bathroom! The rest of my house is messy so when I clean it up I will post more pictures.


As for this week, I did have some funny stories I forgot to mention earlier. The first happened on my way back from one of the schools I teach at. I was waiting for the subway and I had five minutes before it would leave, so I thought I would use the bathroom really quick. Of course, someone was using the Western-style toilet, so I went into the Japanese-style toilet. I couldn't find the switch to flush the toilet though, so I saw a button to my left and pushed it . . . it was some kind of emergency button and I didn't know what to do, so I got out of the stall and saw the lady that had come out of the Western-style toilet washing her hands, so I just washed my hands, too, and walked out like nothing happened. I think everyone knew it was me though because the alarm was only going off in the women's bathroom and I was obviously foreign . . . needless to say I know what that button is for now . . . but I still don't know how to flush the toilet!

My second story is more odd, I was sitting at the park where I normally eat lunch and I had just pulled out the food that I'd made the previous night and was about to eat it when I saw some guy standing over me. He kept speaking to me in Japanese and I had no idea what he was saying, so I told him I didn't understand. I had my notes open because I was studying for my next student, and unfortunately he knew English . . . so he started talking to me in English. He admitted that he was a drunk, I guess they call them drunkies out here, because he told me his children wouldn't visit him because he was a "drunkie." I told him I had to go back to work and tried to eat my lunch in the stairway but people kept walking by so I ended up eating my lunch in the bathroom . . . Unfortunately, I don't know anywhere else to eat lunch but I don't want to waste money buying food . . . I'm not sure what to do now. He wasn't mean at least or anything like that, I just really wanted to eat and study my notes and not have to practice my Japanese and teach English to a "drunkie" while on my lunch break! It was interesting but not really something I'd like to repeat . . . 
Later I might describe the appalling experience I had at work on Friday. One class was like the class from hell, something I never would've imagined in Japan. They weren't really all that bad I guess, I just couldn't get them under control, so it's going to take a lot of work and I'm really not looking forward to it. I think I've pretty much got all of the other classes straightened out though, thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment