Search This Blog

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Sunday Sept. 2nd update!

The best part of this week, by far, was when I got up the nerve to ask my boss if I could have off for my brother's wedding, and she said yes! She had to think about it over the weekend, so I was worrying all last weekend, but I was so overjoyed to find out, I can't even tell you how much it means.
Besides that, it was a pretty average week. I need to work on timing with the kids because generally I don't have time to work in their activity books and don't have time for a game so I need to work things in better and just not let the slower kids finish, otherwise we'll never get done. It's hard for me because I don't think it's fair to not let the slower kids finish, but they just take too long and sometimes it's only because they are just trying to write perfectly nice. But other than that, I don't think there were any major issues or anything, none of the kids acted up this time, I only had to move one kid because he and his friend were talking too much.
One thing that did go wrong was I was supposed to see a move on Saturday night with Ms. Maeda, the manager of the company. She's really fun and I was really excited, but she was even more excited. Unfortunately, because of retarded directionally challenged self, I wasn't able to figure out how to get to our meeting spot which resulted in me running around like mad. It was so easy, I really don't know how I got so lost. The worst part was getting back to my apartment and having to call her and tell her, 30 minutes later, that I couldn't find the place. I could tell she was so disappointed I didn't know what to do. I still think she's really upset about it but I don't know. I hope that we can see it another night but I think this was the only night we could do it since we get off work earlier on Saturdays and this Saturday happened to be the day when the tickets were half off. They only do it on the first of the month, and I'm pretty sure they won't be showing The Avengers next month, so I really let her down. I just hope I can make it up to her, especially since she's doing me a favor tomorrow and helping me get my residence card, bank account, and possibly health insurance. I really hope we can see the movie Wednesday but she made it sound like last night was the only time we could've done it so I don't know . . . I do know it'll be pretty awkward seeing her tomorrow after all that. I tried calling her today and she didn't answer so I tried leaving her a message but she didn't call me back so I'm worried.
Today I'm just relaxing, I was able to Skype with my family this morning and let them know I could go to the wedding! I am so excited, I can't even describe it. For those of you who live in Memphis, unfortunately for the short time I'm there, I will be spending it with my family so I don't plan on hanging out with anyone since I'm not going to be there long. I hope to visit again though some day and for a longer period of time.
Thanks again for reading, I know this post wasn't so interesting, but this week I'll be going out to eat with some friends so hopefully I can get more pictures and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment