Search This Blog

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thursday September 20th

Just a couple of weeks into my paycheck and I've already gained five pounds! I still only weigh 110 right now, which is definitely not normal for me . . . anyone wanting to go on a diet, come to Japan! I'm finally uploading my pictures from the previous two weeks since I didn't have internet. I have it now, but it's not stable so I think I need to figure out how to hook up the router. Right now I just connected it directly and it works, so we'll see!
I'm hoping to have my belated birthday party this Saturday, although it looks like only two of my friends can come. One is bringing a friend that I've never met, so it should be fun. It will be girls only with girly drinks for nomihodai (all you can drink!). One of my other friends says she will come, but lately she hasn't been feeling well, so I hope that she can still make it, otherwise I might not have enough people and I might have to cancel it . . . I have to have at least 4 people so lets hope that doesn't happen!

Here are the pictures that I promised:

The cakes I bought myself the day before my birthday because I didn't know my boss was going to get me a cake! The one on the left happened to be banana pudding, which usually I hate, but of course everything in Japan is so much better, so I loved it! The one to the right was an amazing chocolate cake that I can't even describe. Oishi! (delicious!)


This was the cute box that my birthday cake was in when my boss gave it to me. They even put little tiny ice packets in it with a bag that keeps things cool! Japanese stores are so thoughtful to provide all of these things! :P  They even gave me ice packets when I ordered the other two cakes and they asked me how many I wanted! It's so nice that they actually care! ^_^  I guess because people walk everywhere rather than go to air conditioned cars . . .



 Here is the cake!! Look at how beautiful it is, and notice how it says "Happ" I thought that was cute :P


Here it is all lit up! I hope my wish comes true . . . of course I can't tell you what it was ;)




A treat! One of many that people we work with give us or students give us if they go out of town. My favorite: red bean paste!! It's so sweet and good for you! :D



My new favorite beverage since I have to stay away from coffee now because I found out it was causing my face to break out. 

 
Here's a video of the cake. yes, I really loved it!! I didn't think I would have a birthday cake at all, so I was so thankful! ^_^



Ok, so back to talking about what happened today. I met up with Masayo and her friend Yuka today at Tully's which is a cafe. I don't know if it's British or American, but the cafe is supposed to be Western like Starbucks. Yuka was really cool and kept saying she didn't know much English, but was awesome at speaking it, and seemed to understand me even when I spoke somewhat faster, so I think it was all just being humble like Japanese people do. She was really cool and loves Western culture as much as I love Japanese culture, so I think we should've switched bodies :P  
Here are pictures of the wonderful dessert and drinks we had: 
My dessert! Ice cream (vanilla and chocolate with something like rice crispies at the bottom? strange but awesome) with mochi! Those two ball-like things on the right are mochi wrapped around vanilla ice cream, yuuuum! Needless to say I am still very full even though I ate this 4 hours ago or so . . . of course I got tea, this was a milk tea with some other flavoring in it. For those who are wondering (like I was), "mochi" is: "ice cream is a Japanese confection made from mochi (pounded sticky rice) with an ice cream filling."  So, basically, it was almost heaven. Maybe if it had chocolate ice cream in it, it would be heaven ;P

These are the desserts my friends got: a crepe cake which was amazing, and a milk tea cheesecake?! Of course, both were awesome. As seems to be Japanese custom, we all tried each others food . . . something I found odd and had to resist my germophobia, but I'm glad I tried them all!

My new friend, Yuka, on the left, and Masayo on the right!

Here's the wonderful rice paste that my godmother gave me for my birthday!! I made it tonight along with some teriyaki chicken, it was wonderful! :D

Stay tuned . . . I'm sure I forgot something else but for now, here's my update. I hope you enjoyed, and thanks again for reading! ^.^

1 comment:

  1. Aiiieee! All these pictures of food! Makes me so hungry!

    ReplyDelete