Search This Blog

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sunday Sept. 16th Update!

Since I'm at Starbucks, I don't have all of my stuff to load pictures on here, so I hope this will do for now until I can get pictures. Still can't figure out how to get my internet to work, but I will play with it today and tomorrow, and if I can't get it, they are supposed to help me out if I call on Tuesday.
One of my co-workers quit on my birthday so we were scrambling to prepare for our students, it was a terrible day . . . but my boss got me a giant Japanese fruit cake that even came with candles! It was amazing . . . The day before, I had bought myself two little cakes because I was sad not to have cake on my birthday. Apparently, I didn't need to do that :P
I had bought a cell phone and a dress to wear to my brother's wedding last Sunday, so those were kind of my birthday presents to myself. My friend Madoka helped me get the phone and pick out the dress! This week was hectic because we lost a teacher, but thankfully we didn't have to go to one of the schools on Friday so that lightened the load a little, and this week I get Monday and Saturday off, so I technically get three days off this week and three days off next week!! I'm very happy to get two days off in a row two weeks in a row!  I was going to finally go to the beach, but it's been raining because the typhoon is coming on Monday. I did go to a festival last night (saturday night) and it was so amazing and beautiful! I filmed parts of it and took pictures, so I will post those later, too. Madoka took me there and it was really fun and free besides the food that we bought! I was like the Japanese version of a fair, really.  On Saturday afternoon, I was outside eating lunch at my favorite park near where I work and found that an Asian Festival was going on! They had musicians and food from all Asian countries, but unfortunately I had already bought a cheap little tasty sandwich from the convenience store, so I plan on going back there today.
On thursday, I spent time with Masayo and we went to a Sudanese restaurant with felafel, kebabs and humus! We didn't have any humus though, I had a kebab sandwich which was amazing, and Masayo had felafels. The lady spoke English perfectly, it was great! Apparently she speaks English, Japanese, and Arabic! The food was really great though!
I'm sure more happened that I'm forgetting, but if so I will update more later when I have pictures :D

Love you guys and thanks again for reading!!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if they have India, Nepal, or Thailand at the fair pleez!
    I'm glad your having so much fun!
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete