Search This Blog

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thursday Aug. 30th update

Today I meet my friend Masayo at the post office and she helped me get a stamp that I needed in order to get my work visa. The post office was so confusing, so I'm so glad that she helped me out!
After, we went to a different cafe that was really good. I got some strange tea with an orange-flavor. It has pieces of what looked like orange at the bottom, too, but I'm not sure that it was an orange. I also got a small chocolate pastry that was, of course, amazing ^_^
She taught me a lot and I learned several phrases so that I can have normal conversations in Japanese. I'm definitely going to have to memorize and practice them . . . We went to a Daiso, which is a 100 yen store, after that and I was happy that I found a Twix bar there! I hadn't seen any before then and it's my favorite candy bar so I was glad. Unfortunately, they don't have Mt. Dew here, but oh well.
After hanging out with her, I went to the airport and got my work visa! It looks almost like a driver's license, but in Japanese :P   I used it to fax information to the internet company, but I'm not sure that it has my address on it since I can't read it. It might have my work address on it, I'm not sure. Hopefully, it'll be enough, but I will be without internet probably for a week or two starting Sept. 1st so I will be visiting cafes a lot and I probably won't be able to respond to emails every day, so I just wanted to let everyone know that it's not because I don't like you, it's just because my internet got cut off! I'm hoping that I can get a cell phone with internet on it if it takes too long to get internet for my computer. I think that it might be easier but I'm not sure.

Nothing much happened Mon-Wed except work. My boss gave me an old obi of hers so that I can wear my kimono that I brought (which I found out was fake but she said it was okay). She also said that I can still come to the tea ceremony and that I don't have to wear a kimono, so I think that I'll start going in September. I'm both nervous and excited about it!

I plan to update on Sundays and Thursdays like normal since those are my off-days so I can visit cafes with internet. Thank you for reading! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment