Search This Blog

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 8 - Tuesday July 31st

Found Tuesday's report, I saved it as a draft to edit later . . .

Tuesday July 31st:


I'm so excited to see my new apartment Thursday and anxious to start work tomorrow! It's not rainy today so I might check out the beach, but my feet are really sore, so I'll see how it goes. I studied more Japanese this morning and I'm going to get my things packed up besides my sleepwear, work clothes for tomorrow, and clothes for today.

Ok, so I didn't check out the beach, I ended up going to a cool restaurant called "Rolling Stones Bar" which of course had many red tongues everywhere. I guess those bars are popular out there because I saw a couple of them. I do have a picture that I will attach here later.
 The food was amazing there, and it was my first restaurant experience, so of course I picked the most American one.  . . but it still was Japanese style. I figured out how to ask for the check, too ;p
One thing I have to say, Japanese steak is the most amazing thing in the world . . . I hate steak and it was the best thing I'd ever eaten! I also got rice with it which worked well with the steak sauce. The steak was so tender and was cooked a perfect medium rare.
I got a notebook for work so that I could take notes. I found one at the local convenience store. I also  took another long nap . . . I think I hardly slept again the night before . . .

T-minus one day till work starts!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel! I just came across your blog. I could not stop reading! I was wondering if you were still at MCA and then I saw this. How did you end up in Japan? It sounds very exciting and I would really like to hear more about how you got this job! Please write me soon! Also keep up the blog! I find it to be very interesting! It feels like I am living through your experiences! Very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you got to read it! ^_^ Let me know what you're up to, I'm still on facebook!

      Delete