Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday Aug. 15th

Last day of Obon vacation, but I still have tomorrow off since it's my regular day off! :D
I woke up determined to make sushi correctly today, so I made more rice and made the other piece of fish that I'd bought. The rice's texture seemed much better this time, and I was finally able to make it! Although it wasn't pretty, at least the rice didn't fall apart!


I also forgot to put pictures of my new sink on here! My boss said the old one had cracks in it, so she had some guy come over and install a new one. It took him two hours, but here it is!




Apparently the pull-out handle thing is to wash my hair in the sink. I've never washed my hair in the sink, but I think it'd be a great sink to wash my "hand wash only" clothes in :P


It was Marc's birthday, the guy that I replaced at work, so we all met up at his favorite restaurant called Tomoki's. It happened to be down the street from where I live so it was nice! The food was amazing but it was a little awkward because one of Marc's friends couldn't speak English! So, either I was left out of the conversation or he was. But, it was an awesome time, and even cooler because the owner/chef was a former sumo wrestler!

Roast Beef! So much better than in the states. That shrimp was amazing. Apparently, they call French fries fried potatoes. They were delicious!

It was such a cool cake, it has sparklers on it!

Japanese women take a lot of pictures of the food, so I didn't feel weird :P

Marc and his girlfriend, Maiko

Marc and the chef, Keiji

It was a great night, and the food was so good! I'm so glad that I could make friends since I'm not very social. It seems so much easier in Japan though, because people never ask personal questions or try to dive into your life. I also tried this plum wine called umeshu in Japanese. It was the most delicious drink I've ever had, it was sweet but not too sweet and looked like white wine but didn't really taste like it. I could only describe it as a mixture between sake and white wine. We also had little pizzas that were so good, one had curry in it and the other had salmon. I was getting full so I didn't eat the one with curry in it, but the salmon one was amazing! Also, they had Death Sauce, which is an amazing hot sauce they have back in America. This one was After Death sauce and it had such flavor to it. It was perfect on the pizza! We also had this chicken that was the best chicken I've ever had, but I'm not sure what it was. It had some kind of sweet sauce on it and the chicken was the perfect texture. The last main dish we had was ohm rice. I'm not sure how to write it, but I think that's what they called it. It was rice with an omelet on top, and it was fantastic. The omelet and rice were the perfect combo, I can't even describe the flavor. Lastly, we had Japanese fruit cake, which I heard was one of the best. It had mango, kiwi, apple, blueberry, strawberry, melon, and grapefruit on it, it was paradise!
I went home and crashed afterwards, even thought the food looked like it wasn't much, it was so filling!

No comments:

Post a Comment