Search This Blog

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 8 - Wednesday August 1st - 1st day on the job!

(Not really this skinny, the mirror was weird, so don't worry :P)


I'll post Tuesday's report later, I honestly don't remember what I did . . . but my first day on the job was good, I heard that the boss was very difficult, and that's the reason why the two current teachers (who'd been there 2-3 years) were leaving. Both said if it wasn't for the boss, they would stay . . . that scares me but nonetheless I am up for the challenge. Thanks to Uncle Armand's recommendation, I purchased a notebook and promptly took notes when I got there and the entire day. My boss commended me on this and actually told one of the other new teachers (there are 2 new ones besides me) that he should take notes, too :P
I figured out that there are only 3 native English speakers, and my boss and her assistant are the only other teachers! I thought that there would be other Japanese teachers but apparently not. It is a very tiny set-up and I hope to get a picture soon (since one picture would suffice, it's that small!). My first day went well, just observations etc. They commented that my clothing looked rather warm (business suit with jacket) so I will dress for summer weather and wear the full suits in fall and winter, which will be very cold with snow!
Friday I will go to the nurseries and see how that is. I hear that is one of the most challenging things about the job so I'm anxious, but I have worked with kids before so it might be more familiar to me, we'll see . . . more to come, been busy moving into my surprisingly huge new apartment!!

2 comments:

  1. Haha thanks, it was very hot! Definitely waiting till fall and winter to pull out the suit jackets again . . .

    ReplyDelete